Thursday, December 29, 2011

It's 8 am and I all week I've been feeling pretty crummy. Lately, my hours are all out of whack. I barely get a decent nights sleep, maybe I'm an insomniac...but, whatever. I figure, the more I write the better I get. I feel like I have no passion. I broke my foot around august of 2011. I do not wan't to go back to Wally World, but I know I may end up back there anyways. I'm giving up on all the New Years Resolution crap. I want to make a change in my life, and if I want to, i will. The New Years Resolution is just a way to make me feel better about changing. We are who we are, at the core of us we don't change, not really. Regardless, we can change how we see the world. Experiences change us. So this upcoming year, in 2012 if there is one thing I am going to change about my self, it's experiencing things. I think I don't really travel or see people because I'm afraid. I can't live my life being afraid of these things, of change, of making a fool out of myself. I can't worry about saying the wrong thing, because ultimately life is far too short to be a scaredy-cat.

I'm going to post as often as I can, I don't post often enough and any of my loyal followers who actually read this little hole in the wall Blog aren't getting anything out of it. I post so scarcely that if I had any followers, they're gone now. So, in all actuality, maybe it's not just about change. Maybe it's also about finding out who I am. Not just talking about my passions, what I read, or write, or what music I listen to, and while all that is fine, there is more to life then superficial things. That just my simple interest's, there's more to me. So, even though I think New Years Resolutions are crap, and we shouldn't wait to the New Year to try and change, maybe I can start on my Finding Me Resolution early.

Maybe I need to do some soul searching. All I can say is when i go back to school, if i go back, I want to take a class on Shakespeare and maybe some writing classes. It'd be nice to say "I'm going to travel downtown for classes more", but it might just be a load of phooey. What I can do, is when I return to school, take a music class as an extra curricular. Do something new. I think that's what is ultimately lacking in my life lately, I am being a dull person. I'm not getting out there and living my 20's I'm staying holed up.


If anyone is out there reading this, I advise you to do the same as me. If you can swing it take a yoga class or a music class. Grab your GPS and do something new. Make a plan for a weekend to go to the lake and snap a few pictures, even if it's winter. Maybe go to the beach, sit by a camp fire and watch the waves. Do something for yourself, do it alone or grab a friend and promise them a cheap subway dinner. To be honest, I can't afford more then those 5 dollar foot longs myself and a tank of gas here and there.

So that's it then, I'll post some music for you guys to listen to and a book or two. So this is it, this is my most honest post to date. It's longer then some and maybe shorter then a few, but it's there and it's honest, and I didn't spew any crap. Again, my email is make5wishes89@yahoo.com, twitter is @TheAuthoress89, and my youtube account is LiveLaughLove8489, and finally my more artistic videos on Vimeo is vimeo.com/user9325706

Feel free to hit me up, as my questions, suggestions, etc.

Books:

Old Man and The Sea by Hemmingway.
I can't believe how many times I've read this book, it's absolutely my favorite. Must be atleast my 20th time reading it this year at the least. Good thing I have a NookColor, otherwise my paperback would be dust.

Music:

Classical music this post, time to expand our tastes a bit. Try something new. Some of my favorites are posted below, but almost anything by Bach I enjoy. Fog is Lifting however is my favorite and I have listened to it so many times it's the most played song on my iTunes.

Dare You To Move by Vitamin String Quartette, if you haven't listened to them yet, I suggest you do so now. They make the popular songs and use just four string instruments to create these amazing peices of music and art that really touches you. They make the songs mean more.

Clare De Lune By Debussy, yes all you Twi-hard fans, I'm adding Debussy, but to be honest it was on my computer before the movies came out and I never read the books until I saw the first movie.

Cello Suite No1 Prelude by Bach

Chairman's Waltz by John Williams

Fog Is Lifting by Orpheus Classical Ensembles

Allegro Festoso from Sonata per Flauto E Arpa by Orpheus Classical Ensembles

No comments: